For the past couple days, I have been mowing the lawn, scraping clean the chicken coop, and using the dried grass to reline the hens' nests. It is awesome in almost all respects (handling gasoline and a pitchfork, for example). Scraping the chicken coop is not as much fun.
The co-op (freshly reupholstered).
I found a few eggs in there today--it's a trip to hold a freshly-laid egg still warm from the layin'... oh the delights we city slickers miss out on.
- caçar - to hunt
- a lagartixa - gecko, e.g. A lagartixa está caçando os bichinhos The gecko is hunting the bugs
- o reflexo - reflection, e.g., Ontem eu achei que era o reflexo, mas seu cabelo é lilás mesmo Yesterday I thought it was a reflection, but his hair is in fact lilac
- vencido - expired
- a tigela - bowl
- ligar que - to care that, e.g. Eu não ligo que você pensa de este jeito I don't care if you think so
- o travesseiro - pillow
- Esto bem - I'm good (I don't want your pudding)
- o morro - hill
- bocejar - to yawn
- a calçada - sidewalk
- empurrar - to push
- a barata - cockroach
- a propaganda - advertising
- o buraco - hole